Monday, November 10, 2008

How to stay on/motivated/in gear

11-7 swim 2750 yds
11-9 Run 2 mi
11-10 swim 2250 yds

training can be very boring! I am at a stage where in swimming, I feel very much like a beginner. In running, I feel very much like a beginner and in biking I feel like I am not getting enough seat time. Training for this Ironman is tougher than I thought. It drains you mentally and takes a toll on your body.

How do I stay on track with training for the next 5.5 months? Winter is approaching, thank goodness I live in a mild climate. I have a chance to train outdoors almost all year.
I am planning on splitting up the 5.5 months into a couple small events.

1st- The Turkey Day 8k, this run is a local favorite and have my brother-in-law and his wife joining me. It also sounds like Dawson, Humpback Phil and Who Killed Kenny will also run.

2nd- Reindeer run Dec. - 7 in Maryville. I am sure Dawson will run with me.

3rd - January begins and so does the training runs for the Knoxville Half marathon.

So as you can see, I have a lot of running planned. I need an event for cycling to come my way. last January I spent half of my miles inside in spinning classes.
I guess I have to count my blessings, great family-good friends-solid weather and awsome training facility's




Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment