Sunday, August 24, 2008

Single speed

8/23/08


Todays ride 24 mi

MTD 420


I started out the day excited for football. You see, James had his first game of the year. They played Seymour at the Catholic HS. We really looked good, crisp and mistake free. They won 20-0. They have moved up in league this year and the teams they will be playing are much better than last year. We will have to wait and see how we match up.


I then found my self back on the couch watching the Olympics. Only to catch myself falling asleep. I new if I was going to get 60 miles in I had to get up. I got ready and headed out. Only to realize I had forgot my road bike shoes at work. This now created a challenge. Go to work and get my shoes or alter my ride and go out from home on my single speed. I headed over to the boulevard via Lyons bend. It was hot 94 but the shade on Lyons bend as nice. I ran into a riding friend, Tim from CBC cycles. I made an attempt to ride with him, but I run out of gear on the single speed at about 19 miles an hour. Tim rides well above that pace. Oh well, I was just happy to be out riding.
Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment