Thursday, December 11, 2008

Love this site

If any of you compete in Fantasy Football, this site is a must. The guys here give you everything you need to be competative. the best part is you don't have to spend hours glued to a tv. They spoon feed you the facts. After 10 years of playing, the past three have been perfect with Footballguys.com Here is a little piece Joe puts out each week as random shots.

We do a lot of really insightful, thoughtful and serious features here at Footballguys with some very smart people thinking deeply for you. This is not one of those features.
This is a few pages of me downloading my goofy and dysfunctional mental hard drive that gets stuffed with way too many random items from 40 hours of watching and re-watching (God Bless TiVO) football every weekend. It's the only way I keep relatively sane. Here's hoping it has a tiny bit of value for you. Let's go.
Here's what happens when you sit an NFL Junkie down in front of multiple big screens with Sunday Ticket and fresh batteries in the remote.
Here's what happens when you sit an NFL Junkie down in front of multiple big screens with Sunday Ticket and fresh batteries in the remote.
I'm not a big fan of Warren Sapp off the field but I'm starting to like the Sunday pregame stuff he does with Marshall Faulk. They do a "buy / sell" stock market segment where they talk about "buying" the hot players they think are on the rise and "selling" the players that are falling. At one point, Faulk looked at Sapp and said, "Your portfolio is going to be TERRIBLE".
A few minutes later, Plaxico Burress was the topic and Faulk was quick to label him a "must sell" when he said, "Anytime you shoot yourself, I have to sell you.'
I thought ESPN couldn't get any cheesier with their player features than the "Ray Lewis as the boxer in the ring" thing from a few weeks ago. Watching Ben Roethlisberger humiliate himself with the IronMan Jr arm thing Sunday, I now realize I was wrong.
The look of surprise on Mike Ditka's face Sunday morning when Chris Berman asked him to pick a winner between the Lions and Vikings was priceless. He stammered around with "We're picking the Lions – Vikings game?"
The Rams scored an offensive touchdown. That's sadly big news.
Is Minnesota the shakiest 8-5 team in recent memory? Their coach is permanently on the hot seat, their star defensive players are waiting for the Suspension Hammer to fall, and now the quarterbacks are up in the air. If you're a Vikings fan, at least it's not boring.
A new car is apparently the key to blissful happiness. I've learned that watching television commercials this month.
Latest exhibit in the "Start Your Studs" case is DeAngelo Williams and Jonathan Stewart. Facing a very stout Tampa Bay defense, Williams posted 186 yards with two touchdowns while Stewart put up 115 yards with two scores.
Non Football shout out of the week (as if any of this is really all that much about football...) Caught one of the best live shows I've seen in a long time recently. Guy's name is Erick Baker and if he's ever playing close to you, do yourself a favor and drop everything to go see him. You can check out his myspace music page here for more info and to hear his songs for free. You can also purchase them there for download. "My Two Left Feet" is fantastic. No connection to him other than I was wowed by the show. Check it out.
If I'm Jerry Jones, there are lots of things I might talk about. Questioning Marion Barber's toughness is not on that list though. I love Jones but, Guy, c'mon. You don't have to say everything that comes into your head.
I think the Jets took the tunnel sign to heart.
Four weeks ago, Tatum Bell was selling phones at a kiosk in the Aurora Mall. Today he's the starting running back for the Denver Broncos. Things move fast. Don't complain to the Broncos about your injury woes. They're on their seventh string running back...
Hats off to the Cardinals and the Bidwell family. I've been hard on them here over the years but they clinched a playoff spot Sunday. And it's been a while.
Tackle Darnell Dockett was great. "My coach was like, 'Act like you've been there before, act like you've been there before.' I said, 'Coach, I ain't been there before. I don't know how to act right now."' You have to love that.
And I love how Kurt Warner's put this team on his back. People say you can't win in this league without running the ball. Don't tell the Cardinals as they're #32 in rushing.
Some of my staff guys were giving me a hard time Sunday morning for me saying people were underestimating the Cowboys at Pittsburgh. It was a game for a long while there. Terrell Owens didn't mince words after the game. "The defense played a hell of a ballgame. We stunk it up on offense."
Are television announcers physically capable of saying the name "Ed Reed" without saying "ball hawk" right afterwards? Watching TV, I think the answer is no.
Reed's some kind of player though. John Madden was right, when you saw that first Jason Campbell deflected pass go floating up in the air, without knowing where he was on the field, most people had the thought, "I bet Ed Reed catches that." I did. As did Ed Reed.
After the game, the safety was very cool. "That's just somebody else making the play and me doing my job," Reed said. Are you sure he's a Miami guy?
Clinton Portis watched much of the second half from the sidelines Sunday. He was less than thrilled afterwards. "We got a genius for a head coach," said Portis. "He's got everything figured out. Hey, that's up to him. All I can do is when he calls a play is go out and try to execute to the best of my ability." Portis later commented on the Redskins' season: "I don't know where it went wrong, all I know is it's going wrong. So, you know, maybe I'm the problem. Maybe I'm the problem since I don't practice, since I'm the only person that don't practice and come out and play and try to give it what I've got, maybe I'm the problem. So I might need to be on IR."
That's more like "The U" we know and love...
Carolina made no bones about what they intended to do against Tampa Bay. They effectively said, "We're going to run the ball right at you. Try to stop us." And they did. And Tampa couldn't.
Jacksonville's Matt Jones looks like he's finally suspended after being arrested for Cocaine. I'm not sure I'm following the priorities here. Jones was arrested and suspended back in October. And the league can't get the suspension enforced until the end of December? The Williams defensive guys in Minnesota and Deuce McAllister get pinched for a diuretic and the league does back flips to get them off field the next week?
Think you had a bad day last Sunday? Jacksonville WR Mike Walker was inactive for the team's Week 14 game as the result of his attending his best friend's funeral. Walker's father also died from a staph infection on the same day as the funeral. Footballguys condolences there.
Remember way back when the Packers could handle a powerhouse like the Texans at Lambeau?
Houston's Kris Brown nailed the game winner from 40 yards out and it would have been good if the uprights were four feet wide. "It came off my foot and I knew right away it was good," Brown said.
I know it's the "right" thing to talk about "team" and "chemistry" and all that when you lose players. And the Giants have done well with that this year. But when you lose Michael Strahan, Osi Umenyiora, Jeremy Shockey and Plaxico Burress, that's a pretty good bunch of players. At some point it does start to make a difference.
I've been a big Domenik Hixon fan but Sunday the Eagles treated him as if he were nothing special barely giving him respect. And he did nothing to prove they'd underestimated him. Hmmm.
After the game on Monday night, Stuart Scott, Steve Young and Emmitt Smith were doing the wrap up show on a sideline set. Young was talking then quickly dodged a Panther's cup thrown near his face. To his credit he barely missed a beat and kept rolling. The funniest part was Emmitt Smith eyeballing the guy the guy that threw it. You know he was thinking about going after him. Stay classy Carolina.
Was it just me or did ESPN seem just a little too chipper reporting that the NFL was laying people off? The cynic in me wonders if they weren't especially interested to see if any of those folks were with the NFL Network.
Footballguys All Name Team rookie Leodis McKelvin continues to shine. He's up to 1,233 return yards now which broke Eric Moulds record for most as a rookie.
Glitch in the Matrix: The Saints and Falcons each had 414 yards in total offense.
Coming off a terrible game, Peyton Manning needed a Marvin Lewis defense to make him feel better again. That just seems so wrong.
Don't look now but San Francisco has won three of their last four... Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment