Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Good news and Bad

10-20 swim 1,500
10-22 swim 1,750

Today I have both, let me explain

1st, I aggravated both mcl running last week. Good news, it seems the left one was less injured and feels good. the right one, not so much. I need to stay off of it for about two weeks.

Here is the issue, it seems that swimming is ok on it. I work out and it feels good. Biking well, as long as I do not hammer, it feels ok.

Running, oh my it's out.

Better to heal now than to carry this into December. The issue is I am supposed to ride 114 miles and climb 10,000 feet this sat. on the bike.

A few of us are doing the Cherohala Challenge in reverse. I am going, unless it rains, temps at Hoopers bald will be in the low 40's. Mix in rain and this would not be a nice decent. Come to think about it, it wouldn't be a nice accent either. Please do not rain on our epic mountain ride.

Other good news is that I swam 1,750 yds today. I feel great, keep in mind I am wearing flippers most of the time. By January, I hope to be able to follow the workout the others are doing. Each time we swim, the water gets more comfortable.

Today I watched the UT swimmer workout. He is ranked 4th in the world behind Phelps in the 200 fly. He has some serious power. Sphere: Related Content

No comments:

Post a Comment